Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Some news on our adoption

I received an email from our agency today. We received our "official referral letter" from the DIA in Vietnam on Friday (8/29). I had to send our I-600 forms off again today because of a small mistake.

Regardless, I am so excited...this is another sure step closer to Little One! Once our I-600 gets to USCIS and they send us an email receipt or acknowledgement, it runs about 60 calendar days until they approve the adoption and we are told we can travel to get her. We've been told that USCIS is reporting very few cases that go over the 60 day mark, which means we would be flying sometime in late November, hopefully. (Assuming that they send us our email receipt soon after getting the forms.)

It is feeling so real, and yet, this last step is the biggest. The USCIS will investigate each case and check documents to make sure that she is really and truly an orphan. I know I'll be on pins and needles these next couple of months and yet, with all that goes on in our house, they'll fly by for sure!

No comments: