Friday, October 24, 2008

Struggling with the wait...

The title says it all. I'm struggling badly with the wait at this stage of the game. Probably because things are so close and yet seem so far away. We are still waiting to receive a notice with our fingerprinting appointment on it, and I pray that the appointment is soon, as within a week or so. Once we have this done, I feel like my brain and my heart can settle a bit, knowing that we are just waiting for approval. I can't imagine that we'll be waiting more than another month or so for approval, and yet why does it feel so far away?

We are making plans, trying to get things ready so that it isn't so rushed when we finally do get approval, but it is hard to do some things, always knowing that the slight chance of not getting that approval. I'm continuing to try and pray for peace because we felt called to do this, and I know that God has the plan in control.

On a totally different topic, Wild Man had his first progress report come home from preschool today. We have been totally blessed this year. I wasn't sure going in how I would really feel about this preschool, but things have turned out really nicely. His speech therapist and OT have both emailed me, and he seems to be doing well. His progress report looked so much better than last year's....he's making progress and learning the routines. Not the constant up and down that we had last year. (What a nightmare that was!)

It seems as though things are falling into place just in time for us to travel to Vietnam....

No comments: