Sunday, November 30, 2008

Our Story, part one

I've decided to back track while we're waiting and tell a bit of our story for those who are reading and don't know it already. Also, I've decided that I just can't keep up the nicknames. I started out with the nicknames for privacy, but I've since decided to address privacy in other ways....this is my journal, and I'm having a really hard time referring to my kids with these made up names. (Besides, most people reading here know my kids' names already! :)

CAROLINE (aka The Princess)

Caroline is my oldest kiddo, the one who frequently gets lost in all of the special needs and adoption talk. However, Caroline is an amazing kid who deserves her fair share of the conversation. She has a giving heart and is a really kind, compassionate child. I've watched her give away the best parts of her birthday cake to friends, and I've watched her get excited when her brother does something new, something most people would take for granted. She loves to make things and has a passion for science. She tells me adamantly that she does NOT want to be a teacher, like her mom. ;)

When I was pregnant with her, I remember praying for healthy children. I taught special ed in a school at the time, and I could not imagine enduring the fight that I witnessed parents having to go through.

She was born during a snowfall....school was closed that day. She changed my life and continues to make me smile every day. I hope someday she and I can be close friends, just as my mom and I are now.

No comments: