AKA Why I drink mid-day
Seriously. What was I thinking?!?
My day consisted of Will's social group therapy at one outpatient site of Children's Hospital from 10:15 till 11:30 followed by a quick lunch at McDonald's and then Norah's international adoption clinic follow up at an entirely different outpatient site at 12:45.
Now, I must say in my own defense...I forgot about N's appointment until this morning. Otherwise, I would have made arrangements for my other two because, after all, these appointments are 3 HOURS LONG.
Then, to top it all off, N had bloodwork drawn. Which would have been okay if it were not for Will's amazing fear of the lab where blood is drawn. Who can blame him really...he's had more experiences there than we can count.
Envision trying to restrain a tired, screaming 17 month old who was already about...say...three hours past due for a nap all while the poor man spent many minutes just trying to find a vein. Meanwhile, I've buckled Will into Norah's stroller because he's already attempted bolting out of the room several times, and also turned the lights off on the nurse just as she was about to stick Norah for the TB test. Nice.
And one wonders why I can not lose any weight. Red wine and popcorn, anyone?



1 comment:
OMG...I'm sorry. I would have watched them...Drink a few glasses. YIKES! Shan
Post a Comment