Since the GI testing, we've modified Will's diet. Hilariously, I'm loving these modifications. We have learned through the testing and experience that the pureeing I was doing was actually harder for him to swallow and move through his esophagus. So we bucked up and used some behavioral techniques to begin getting him to eat age appropriate foods rather than more pureed ones. (Seriously, he took soup for lunch EVERYDAY to school last year.)
Guess what? After a week or so of figuring it out, he is doing FABULOUSLY. Sounds great...no yucky loud swallowing and is eating all kinds of things. I can't figure this kid out, but thank you Lord. This was a blessing. I'm guessing the kid can swallow more easily and he's figuring it out. Tonight he ate....ready for this? A grilled cheese sandwich at Panera. No kidding. My child.
Hopefully he'll gain some weight now. Oh, and his PE tube surgery is scheduled for June 10th, which should only make it even easier for him since his one ear is full of fluid right now. YEEHAW!
Now, could someone contact the sleep fairy and let her know we're on a roll? We'd like to get her on board, too. ;)
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
If you see the sleep fairy could you please send her our way. Oh, or maybe the ear tube fairy will help us out. We're soo tired over here. Not sure how you all do the no sleep thing long term.
Funny, I just told Eric it seemed like Will's swallow got better. Congrats..I'm so happy for Will! Shan
Yay! That's great news, Heather!! Maybe when he's starts to eat better and put on the weight he will start sleeping better. Full tummy, sweet dreams.
Stacey
I am so happy to hear about Will and his eating...I can't wait to see him eat a grilled cheese! Miss you guys!
Love you, Jen
Post a Comment