I so need to get Norah's pictures from her birthday on here and update everyone on her progress. She's doing awesome. But I am so tired right now that all I'm going to do is type for the moment.
We're hanging out waiting for test results from the stool samples for Will. GI appointment is scheduled for 2/26 with the understanding that they'll call with any cancellations. He's not doing so hot. He's sleeping a bit better, so that's good, and his eating is okay. But he is so grouchy, so irritable, and sounds terrible. It sure didn't help that insurance botched something up and he's been without prevacid for 3 days. Yes, 3 DAYS! This is the kid that was already in the middle of what looked like a GI crisis. Seriously. His behavior is out of control...after leaving a meeting with a friend this morning, he got really PO'd at me and managed to pinch and kick me at home. I lost it. I just don't have anything in me left, no reserves. I found myself apologizing to a four year old and a one year old because mommy yelled really, really loudly and scared the beejeebees out of everyone in the house.
Norah had her renal ultrasound yesterday to rule out melamine exposure, and as usual, nothing is ever simple in our house! She doesn't have any signs of melamine exposure, but her right kidney is rotated....not positioned as it should be. I hope it is nothing...we'll have a visit to yet another doctor to make sure all is okay.
Norah is also sick with a cold that I suspect might be going into a sinus infection. She's sleeping pretty terribly, so even though Will's sleep has improved, Norah's has tanked. About the time her tooth breaks through and she's well again, Will's sleep will tank.
Jim leaves for France on 2/14 for a week. I might just go loony, I've decided. Oh, and did I mention I'm getting this lovely cold now too?
Friday, February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Can't you just move into a doctor's office or something? That sucks. Sorry it's such a challenge right now. We'll be around in February if you need anything. Let me know what we can do! If you guys need a break we can take the kids sometime this weekend. Maybe you could at least get a nap in. Let us know we're around. Shan
Sorry to hear about the challenges right now. Don't worry - we all lose it with the yelling once in a while. The lack of good sleep is one that kicks my butt when it happens too. Everything sucks when you are running on empty. Maybe a friend or family can take the kids for a few hours just so you can sleep?
Ahh! I'm sending you an email!
- K
Every time I read your blog it humbles me and makes me realize that my trivial problems are nothing. Your strength is inspiring. As always, you are in my prayers.
Post a Comment