Let me begin by saying that every time I am down and struggling with what is going on in life, I am reminded that God is walking with us through those around us. Thank you to everyone that has emailed, offered meals, babysitting, other forms of help, and prayers. I appreciated it all - more than anyone knows.
Quite simply, Will is still struggling. We wait and try to learn patience - something I'm not particularly fond of learning - but he goes to the GI on the 26th. Preliminary stool testing was normal. Whatever this is, it is cyclical for him. A couple of days ago, he slept well, he was communicating more than I've ever heard him communicate, and he was generally very happy and playful. We see a couple of days of this and then it tanks. Along with poor sleep right now, his button looks terrible and he keeps getting yeast rashes that won't go away. He's very itchy too. I'll be so glad to get to the GI. Heaven help the man who is going to be bombarded with the questions I've been storing up in my mind for the past month.
Norah...well, it seems as if she's been with us forever. She fits right in with our family and seems to have never known anything different. She has a large handful of words which is thrilling to me...she can say hi, up, all done, bye, no no, da da. She signs eat (regularly), more, and all done.
She's learned to drink from a sippy cup and climbs up stairs, quicker than lightning. She imitates everything, which is hilarious. She loves her taggie blanket which I love to watch. Hand it to her and watch her thumb go in her mouth. She goes looking for the blanket several times a day.
She's very excited to see Caroline come home from school and rubs Will's hair on his head very gently. (when she's not stealing his toys)
Caroline just celebrated her 100th day of school, is going to play soccer for Fairview, and can read on a second grade level easily, with comprehension. She's recently been tested for the gifted program and is just generally an amazing kid with a big heart.
Jim wants you to know, he's tired. :) (remember, no sleep.) However, he's also going to France for a WEEK for work. In April, he's going to England for a WEEK for work. No sympathy here.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
okay Jim leaves today right? I'm praying for strength, sanity and some sleep - for YOU! And safe travels for Jim too of course - France seriously??
I'm up and about now - will call you about some help next week. Love you - you are an AMAZING mom. I had so much fun getting to hang out with NOrah last week - or was it the week before. Three beautiful, adorable and unique kiddos!
Post a Comment