Wednesday, February 18, 2009

When the going gets tough...


...the tough call their moms.

My mom spent three nights with us since Jim left, mainly because I managed to get sick with some sort of wacky virus that left me with a fever and unable to swallow. (I'm doing better now, thank you very much.)

Since I last posted, both Will and Norah landed themselves at the doctor. Right before he left actually. Norah spiked a fever of 103...the result? An ear infection. I'm not convinced it is getting better because she is super clingy and can be downright mean if she doesn't get her way. Which I find funny. Sometimes.

Will has a yeast infection/rash that looks like it can't feel very good. We did everything we knew to do, and then went to the doctor for Diflucan. He's on it, and I'm not convinced it is helping him either. What gives? His poor little private parts actually look worse, if that is possible. Red and raw. Um...ouch. He's had a really rough week. And so, we wait some more for the GI appointment. I'd love to know what causes this kid to get an inordinate amount of yeast rashes. I swear it is connected to everything in some way.

The upside in all of this is realizing how absolutely blessed we are when it comes to good friends and family. At some point, my blog will go back to being happy and cheery. I promise.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

hun does Will like yogurt? if so fill him up with that. It helps with yeast infections. the bacteria in it will actually get rid of the yeast infection.

LowerTeakwood said...

Funny, I just asked my mom if she would come stay with us when I go back to work until the end of the school year! I love the picture!!! I really think we ought to just put Cam and Norah in a room together and see what happens!!! Who knew he was related to a little girl from Vietnam!!! Maybe the next time you go to the doctor you can ask them to prescribe you something!!! Tell them that if nothing is working to make the kids happier...you will need medication...or at least some very stiff drinks! Shan