Yesterday was Will's first baseball game ever. What an amazing day.
A beautiful, state of the art field was built and dedicated yesterday JUST FOR OUR KIDS. Hallelujah. It was a beautiful thing. The morning could not have been more awesome. Will and his cousin, Brady, play on the same team, so Jim and Rick were there, as dads, buddies for their sons, and brothers. Lots of fun. We also saw several kids whom I've grown to love through our church...some I volunteer with, others whose moms I consider good friends.
What made it even better was the look of sheer joy on Will's face as he enjoyed something that was just for him. We weren't sure if he would like it, or if he would even participate, but Will's come a very long way in the past year. Not only did he participate, but he loved it. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.
Here's to all of the people who made something so awesome so possible and to all of the kids I cheered on yesterday and cried for as they crossed home plate. Happy Mothers Day!



2 comments:
This is awesome! What an amazing and exciting way to spend Mother's Day!
That is so awesome. Eric and I really would like to bring the boys and come watch a game. I think Ethan would love it, and so would we! Shan
Post a Comment