Will's test is over...the esophageal manometry test went as well as it could have. He had to be restrained for the probe placement (down his nose), but was still the whole time during the test and did not try to pull the probe out. He complied with all directions as far as eating went, and it was over quickly.
At the very end, nurse Jackie saw the food getting hung up at his UES...I am so thankful for this as I am not sure they saw it earlier in the test. He didn't sound nearly as bad clinically as he had been sounding here lately. For the last couple of swallows, however, he did and she noticed that the food was hung up and not even getting into the esophagus then. It was definitely abnormal, which we knew. His dry swallows looked good.
So now, we wait for results, which we should have by the end of the week. We are praying specifically for definitive answers about what is happening and why, and for treatment to be possible.
Thank you for the prayers and thoughts...they sure worked to get us through today!
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I am glad it went as well as it could and that its over. I am praying for definitive answers and easy treatment for Will. You guys are always in our thoughts.
We love you, Jenny, Rick and Patrick
Give all the kids big hugs from us, we miss you guys!
Post a Comment