I've been struggling with this a bit, honestly. I enjoy blogging. It is therapeutic for me.
However, a couple of things have happened since I started this blog. It began with the intention of keeping family and friends updated on our adoption journey with Norah and occasionally on what's going on with Will. Since we've been home, Norah has done beautifully and Will has had some major medical issues.
In the meantime, this is still a place for me to talk about anything. Many of my posts discuss how we are saving money to pay off the adoption or little resources and ideas I find along the way, particularly for children with special needs.
Last night it hit me though...the random posts are a little confusing. Friends and family who come to check on Will are opening up the blog to posts about how we clip coupons or how we wash our clothes with vinegar. Seems strange.
On average, about 25-30 people visit this blog each day. (Yes, I'm shocked, too.) I'd like to post more about things I find along the way to help parents of children with special needs. But it is difficult to do that mixed in between pictures of my children and updates - good or bad - about the kids.
So, starting today, I will blog all updates about my kids here. Pictures, the good news, the bad medical reports, and personal family stuff. Meanwhile, I am going to keep all of the resources, ideas, and tricks to survive in a family where special needs are involved in a separate blog. If you are interested, click here. I'm hoping one day it might help someone else.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Nice idea heather!!! Thanks!!!
Post a Comment