Well, I must say, I think we've made it. :)
It has been 2 1/2 weeks since returning home from Vietnam, and it took a good 2 weeks to get into our new normal. Norah is on a schedule that seems to be working, and she seems to be settling down overall. All of a sudden, she seems very secure in our house, with a couple of minor exceptions. She still wakes 3-4 times each night (more so in the early morning hours) and cries when she finds no one is there. She also still hounds us for food, though this is better.
This weekend, I realized my feelings have changed in a major way. I've felt a love for her since getting her picture back in May, but it was just that - love of the idea of the child. It was still somewhat surreal feeling, even after returning home.
Now that I've gotten to know her personality and to spend time bonding with her at home on familiar ground, she's melted her way into my heart. I love this child more than life itself, just as I do the children I gave birth to.
She is mine. Forever. Thank you Lord for this precious gift.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I am so happy for you guys Heather...I have so many happy tears reading this for you. God is Awesome! I am glad she is feeling more secure and will pray that she will be sleeping through the night soon. We miss you guys! If you get a free moment.lol.give me a call.
Love you, Jenny
Amen!
I'm working on the arranged marriage as we speak! Shan
Post a Comment