I just put Norah down for a nap this morning easily. Success!! We slept much better last night as well. Will slept through and had to be woken to get ready for school. N woke for her bottle and then again this morning a bit - but much better.
Yesterday I bought a Taggies blanket since N seems to soothe herself by sucking her thumb and playing with a tag on anything around her. Looks like a good buy so far!
I am reminded again to take pleasure in the small victories...something I thought I had learned with Will, but obviously, I have more learning to do. I was reflecting on things yesterday and realized that again, life is all about perspective. Before Norah, I have thought of Will as a high maintenance kind of kid. His medical and developmental issues are indeed higher maintenance than a child without a diagnosis like his, but he is able to play independently, feed himself independently, and doesn't put objects in his mouth or bother things that are dangerous. I appreciate this now. ;) I had forgotten what life was like with a one year old!
Norah is developing really well. She now says waves hi and goodbye and says hi appropriately - her first word! This morning I was thankful for Caroline who watched her as I took a shower. (The small victories....)



No comments:
Post a Comment