We saw an SLP this morning - the one who performed all of Will's swallow studies. To put it simply, his swallowing is loud and labored. Looks to be causing him pain. He complains of belly pain and is losing his appetite lately, and is irritable because of it. No amount of acid reflux medicine is helping.
Ann saw him this morning and confirmed what we already knew - something is really wrong. I feel horrible for him, though I know we've done all we can. This has gone on for quite some time, but with Will, nothing is ever simple. He had so many medical issues in the past year, and this particular issue seemed to get somewhat better each time we made changes, but would then get worse again.
Anyway, we will find out what the plan is going to be, or what tests we'll start with, but having someone else finally see it and confirm it was a relief and depressing all at the same time. Ann and the doctors that are consulting with her are wonderful though, so I hope and pray that we will finally be able to help this child feel better.
He needs some prayers, and Jim and I do too. We are worried about what will be found and whether or not things will be easily treated so that he can feel better.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Hi Heather,
I am always praying for you guys but will pray specifically for you to finally get some long awaited answers for Will and strength for you and Jim. I am here if you ever want to talk
'but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.' Isaiah 40:31
Love you guys,
Jen
Hi Heather! I will pray for Will. He always holds a special place in my heart! Bless his little heart! I hope he'll have relief soon. Love you all!
Beth
I love that wild man bill and will certainly pray for him. WIll's a tough little guy. I pray that the docs are able to resolve this issue so things just slide right on down that sweet little throat - that's my prayer. Love You and see you and Norah Friday I hope!!!
Will and all of you are always in my heart and in my prayers. I will pray especially hard for this to finally be resolved for Will so that he may find peace and joy in eating. He is Grandma's boy and I love him so much as well as my girls, C and Norah. Call me anytime you need to vent. That's what I'm her for and I love you!
Mom
Post a Comment