Friday, March 6, 2009
Great news!!!
Today Norah and I visited the nephrologist. Norah had a renal ultrasound last month to look at her kidneys. This was to rule out melamine exposure from tainted formula. Well, she had no sign of melamine exposure, but her right kidney was rotated. Thus the appointment today. I believe this might have been the first time in my life as a mother that I've been told at Children's Hospital that all is fine and there is no need to ever come back. I must have skipped out of the hospital I was so excited! :)
The doctor and I also talked a bit about Norah's port wine stain and pending diagnosis, and he used the stethoscope to listen to her arm. Generally, when there is arterial involvement, you can frequently hear noise when listening. The doctor today heard nothing and said he'd have called it a capillary malformation - a port wine stain. Nothing more.
We can certainly hope! Today is beautiful...Norah and I waited for Will's bus outside and played with my new camera while waiting. It takes great pictures, but I still have a lot to learn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Yah!!! I'm so happy for you. It must have been strange that they didn't refer you to another department. Isn't that what usually happens? Congrats on the good news. Enjoy the day! (by the way my word verification to post this on is turd...really!) Shan
Post a Comment