The kids were on spring break this past week, so Caroline and I got to spend some alone time together as the other two napped. One day she came and said she had some questions. She asked me if girls could marry girls and boys could marry boys. Taking a deep breath, I plunged in the best I could, giving her the best answer that I could think of at the moment. Her next question was about how the world was created. So, I pulled out the Bible and we looked at Genesis together - the creation, the first seven days. (At which point she informed me that no, she wasn't asking that...she was asking how God got the cars and houses here. So much for the Bible lesson.) After a little while, she came to me and said she had one more question.
We'd tackled same sex marriage, creation...I was slightly concerned about what I was going to be asked next.
She looked me right in the eye and said, "Mommy, how does the Tooth Fairy get the money under my pillow?" WHEW. I answered her, "That one is magic, kiddo. Pure magic."
And here I thought parenting Will was the most challenging thing I had ever faced as a parent. Welcome to the journey.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Don't you love how they can go from being so adultlike ..... to being such a kid!
-K
Gotta love it! I like it better when my students ask because I can always say that's a good question for mommy and daddy!
It runs in the family - your cousin John once asked me how God stayed out of the way of all of the spaceships. What can I say, it was the Star Wars era!
Love,
Aunt Jaci
Post a Comment