Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Will's scope yesterday

Sorry I haven't updated sooner. I haven't because I am seriously frustrated and upset about it.

The scope showed nothing. Absolutely nothing. Totally normal looking, though they are waiting for biopsies.

Yet there is something clearly very wrong here. The blessing here is that I love this new GI....he's ordered a swallow study and an upper GI, though I don't think Will will comply with the UGI. He won't lay flat...it creates total terror and panic in him. Even his EKG had to be reclining on me.

I emailed the SLP who has done all of his swallow studies to ask if she'll do this one. After literally sitting on top of him to watch him eat some yogurt, it really looks to me as though something is keeping it from going down into his esophagus. He has to swallow several times to clear his mouth, and he is having a lot of food come out the nose again.

I wonder if he didn't have the food come back up on Sunday, but that he wasn't clearing his saliva. I don't know anymore.

If this is true, I think it would show on the swallow study.

We need some answers here. I'm not functioning so hot right now with no way to help him and something so clearly wrong.

5 comments:

LowerTeakwood said...

So sorry Heather. We'll keep praying. Can't wait to be home. We need US medicine like now1

Anonymous said...

Oh Heather, I am so sorry and I wish I was there already. We are praying without ceasing! 'This is the confidence we have before Him that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.' 1 John 5:14. You are such an incredible mom and I am so glad that Will has you to fight for him.
I love you, Jen

Liz said...

thinkof you...praying for answers

Anonymous said...

Heather, I just got caught up with your last 3 posts. I'm so sorry Will is having these troubles. That is so scary and stressful. Big hugs to you and your family. I will pray that they get to the bottom of things and get him some relief.

Lina

Kimbell and Mark said...

oh heather. i'm so sorry. you're fighting for your boy - and that's exhausting. i pray that you know just the right people to call, and know just how hard you need to push to get to the bottom of this. praying that you are able to get rest, love you.