
Because of the cute little face you see in the picture, we now use vinegar for fabric softener in the washing machine (and no dryer sheets). When Norah came home, she had horribly dry skin which turned into eczema. We're pretty sure it was her body getting used to the frequent baths she was getting and the new climate...clearly neither was something she was used to. We also switched to a more gentle body wash for eczema. But I already used Free and Clear types of laundry detergent and fabric softener.
While looking for other options, I found many recipes for "green" cleaners which I think we are going to try out. But the 1/4 cup (or a bit more) of vinegar in the rinse cycle has easily replaced our fabric softener and works just fine! Waaay cheaper too!




3 comments:
I might have to try this. Thanks for the tip!
I started using vinegar in my Downy ball probably a month or two ago and I love it! I NEVER have static cling and I don't miss the 'flowery' scent my old dryer sheets would leave behind for what...a couple hours? Not worth it! Your family is beautiful! Congrats on your new baby girl!
Doesn't it make them smell funny? What kind of vinegar do you use? I have just been skipping it all together because of G~'s skin issues - but I still use Downy in my own shirt load since they all hang dry. Email me if you get a chance. Thanks.
Lina
Post a Comment