Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Esophageal manometry test scheduled

Yeehaw!
Will is having this test done on May 4th in the am. This test will require him to be awake as they place a probe into his esophagus through his nose. I believe he will also be required to eat. They will measure pressures with the probe which will hopefully give us some information and some answers on what we can do to help him!

Surprisingly, the past few days have been a bit better from a swallowing standpoint - not tons, but a little. Strange since he's been sick. I did take him back to the doctor today and they think what he has right now is a virus. The child is STILL spiking a fever over a week later. He is on antibiotics for the ears and sinuses, but this fever won't quit! He's fine in the morning and low and behold, the afternoon he's on fire.

I'm so excited this test is finally scheduled. Tomorrow, on my day off, I plan to call pulmo so I can FINALLY make an appointment to see someone who can then order a sleep study. Maybe some answers are finally in sight. Would be nice....no one is sleeping around here! I swear, Norah and Will have conspired to take turns!

2 comments:

The Paycor Blog said...

Have you ever tried melatonin? We haven't, just heard a lot about for sleep issues.

LowerTeakwood said...

Yah! Glad to hear it's soon! I swear Cam is still battling the virus. This one must be a doozy! I'm sorry about the sleep. If your up from 1:00-3:00 AM look over Eric is probably up with Jack! I'm up too, but Eric has been getting him back to sleep! Shan