I have no exciting pictures for you yet (picture above is from their blog), but our little friend and next door neighbor just arrived home safely from China last night. Our neighborhood is excited! Caroline was going to get to stay up late to join her dad in welcoming Jack at the airport and holy cow...I thought the girl had eaten some serious sugar when I came home from the eval because she was suuuuper hyper. :) He's home! I hope to have some pictures of the kiddos playing outside when they get over the jet lag. (which for us, took a good solid week!)
Meanwhile, Will had a speech evaluation last night with one of the only SLP's in the area that is PROMPT certified. This is a technique utilized with many kids who have apraxia of speech. I considered it last year, but I really believe that there is no way Will would have responded AT ALL, much less been willing to participate. This year, he's a totally different kid. (Thank you Lord!) When I came back after the eval was over, she told me that she thought he'd be a great responder and showed me two prompts. They are already working for Will. I am beyond excited! Cool thing is...she is located within walking distance from our home. Small world!
PS He is having a video swallow study on Tuesday to follow up after the scope. The therapist watched him eat last night and said it sure looks like a narrowing of his esophagus...and she's a feeding therapist! We are still praying for answers!



2 comments:
we are praying for answers too. Love you Heather and I'm thankful that you're my friend! praying for you too.
I'm glad the prompt theraphy went so well. You are sure right about the jet lag. Wouldn't be so bad if Jack didn't get up at 5:30 am! So we didn't sleep for 30 hours. The we slept for 4 hours. Oh my I feel like a train hit me. Today Jack napped from 11:00 until 5:00. Wonder when he'll wake up? Maybe 4:00. Yikes...so tired, but doing great otherwise. It's so nice to be home. Can't wait to see everyone. Thanks so much for everything you guys have done for us! Shan
Post a Comment