Wednesday, April 15, 2009

WFMW: Once a Month Mom


As you can see, WFMW = Works for Me Wednesday. I love reading these posts on others' blogs, and thought, since my blog was started because of my son with special needs and then my daughter (adopted from VN)...why not focus on things that work for our family to make life easier? So, in that spirit, I am going to try to post something every Wednesday like this.

Today I wanted to update on the once a month cooking thing that my next door neighbor and I did at the end of March. (If you are interested in more information, click HERE.) We are almost halfway through the month, eating on the meals we made on our cooking day, and I must say...they have been yummy. There's only been one I didn't like. But honestly, the best part is being able to pull something yummy and mostly healthy out of the freezer and pop it into the oven for dinner. Total cost of our cooking day was $150 per family, and we aim to get it down further in the future!

1 comment:

Niki Jolene said...

I envy you..I always want to do this and never do.

:)