The families were all talking today about how we haven't eaten lunch any of the days yet...it is a busy, busy schedule. Still, I'd rather it be that way any day rather than being here longer and possibly missing Christmas. (We'll arrive home on Christmas Eve.) I'm certainly not complaining!!
Today we went to apply for Norah's passport and then to the hospital to have each baby in the travel group checked out for their medical exam (for the visa). The doctor who did the exams was so nice...I appreciated how he explained things and showed obvious care for the babies. He looked at Norah's arm and first thought it was a birthmark, then looked at her without her shirt and at the initial medical report and mentioned a "proliferation of vascular" something or other. If I understood his English, he still called it a hemangioma and said "not a birthmark because of the size difference". Her right arm is about 1 cm larger than her right in circumference...this holds true for around her wrist as well as further up her arm.
Anyway, we know she'll be checked out by Dr. S at the International Adoption Clinic when we get home for the final verdict. The most important thing is that she can move it just fine and uses it appropriately.
She's such a sweetie. I keep saying that, but I don't think there's any other way to better describe her personality. She's just sweet! She is showing us more of what she's able to do, too. Today she kept giving me kisses. Is there anything sweeter than that? :)
Later after naps, we are taking a taxi to the Tax Trading Center to look for some baby things. We soooo need a teething ring. Tomorrow is a free day - we'll be taking a tour that Diep told us about...to My Tho, along the Mekong River.



3 comments:
Heather,
I've enjoyed your blog soo much!
What an amazing blessing for you,
your family at home,and for Norah!
You have all been in our prayers
and we now pray, especially, for
a safe journey home, a wonderful
family reunion and the most
meaningful and blessed Christmas
ever!
I second what Sue said...God is sooo amazing! Enjoy your free day!
Love you, Jen
I love this picture of Norah and yes, she is a sweetie! She may be stunned but she has you guys to love her out of that and into a wonderful new relationship that will last the rest of her life! How awesome is that! Love reading your blog! So glad to hear you'll be back with your family together on Christmas! I pray for Caroline & Will as they wait for their mom, dad and new sister to arrive back home!
Post a Comment