We made it! We've checked into our hotel and met the infamous Madame Chau. :) Wonder if she knows she's infamous. LOL
Anyway, she is super nice and helped us get checked in and gave us our schedule for the next couple of weeks. As planned, tomorrow we will check out of the hotel and fly to Da Nang to visit the babies at the orphanage. On Monday morning at 9 am VN time, we will have our G&R ceremony and get Norah from there.
Today we showered and went out to a nearby market for about an hour or so. It was really hot and we are both really tired, so we kind of walked the perimeter and through it a little and then came back. We did manage to cross the street successfully (which is crazy with all of the motorcycles!) and also managed to get a really cute traditional looking dress for Norah. More shopping to come, I'm sure. We'd really like to get a dress for Caroline and one for Sophie's birthday (one of my nieces) if we're able. Both girls would love these dresses, I'm sure.
We're about to take a nap and then go out and look for a place to eat. I'm sure we'll feel more adventurous after a nice catnap. :)
Friday, December 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
It is so great to be able to follow along on your adventures. I imagine that you are so excited you are jumping out of your skin. I'm almost in tears thinking of Norah finally in your arms.
So cool. You guys ROCK!! Yeah! (said like Jim would)
Yeah!!! One step closer! Can't wait to see Norah in person -and I know you guys feel the same way! Thanks for updating!
We're so excited!!! You're so close to her. Have some fun shopping too! You know you go to Vietnem so often!! Phew that was a long trip. Somehow you'll make it home with a little one. We'll be using your experience as a learning tool! Love ya. Shan
Meridith and I are sitting here reading through your blog and are deeply moved by your selflessness. It has been a long time since we've seen you all. We miss you and wish you well in your journey. We will continue to follow your story. You two are truly special people. Hope to see you soon. Eric, Meridith, Emma, and Sydney.
Post a Comment