Thursday, December 25, 2008

Welcome Home and Merry Christmas!!

Well, 30 hours of traveling later, we're home. The electricity went out in the hotel on our last day in Hanoi, so there was a few days in between blog updates.

We made it home yesterday morning, about 10:30 am. There were four separate flights plus a layover in LA (where we met up with our good friends Jenny, Rick, and Patrick - thanks again guys!!) and finally, back in good old Cincinnati. Our family, our parents, neighbors, and relatives were there to greet us which meant so much to us. It was so nice seeing the kids again. Will latched onto Jim and by the time I had said hello to everyone and passed Norah to grandma, I finally got to say hi to him. He locked his arms around our necks and started kissing us over and over...it was the sweetest homecoming. Caroline was so sweet...made banners and signs that were posted all over the house.

Now comes life with three kids...LOL...wish us luck. I suppose I was not thinking clearly about the adjustment it would be, but last night and this morning, it hit home. :) It will take some time as adjust back to the time zone and get into a groove.

Thank you for following along on our journey! Merry Christmas to all!!

5 comments:

The OBrien Family said...

What a wonderful Christmas gift!

Welcome home, we can't wait to meet Norah.

Mark, Molly & kids

Mariah said...

I suggest ZONE Defense. 1 on 1 or Man to man works with 2 kids BUT with 3 you have to change the game plan. Have a great Christmas! It is wonderful to hear that you are home safe and sound...now the real journey begins.

Mariah

Kimbell and Mark said...

Welcome HOME! Can't wait to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home lady! Awesome blog! Thanks for keeping us all updated. I'm so excited for you. I'm sure it wont be too long to get back into the swing of things. She seems to be a perfect fit for you all. LOVE IT! Congrats chicka!

Justin said...

Wow, congrats and good blog. We are in China right now with our daughter.