We left at 8 in the morning and returned at 7 pm last night. It was a fun trip, but a long day with the babies. On the 2 1/2 hour ride out there, we stopped at a place where people with disabilities made handicrafts that were for sale. A lot of these looked like things we had seen at the market, but were authentic and we were able to see how the things were actually made. No pictures were allowed in there, but the handicrafts were beautiful, especially the embroideries in my opinion. I asked how long it took to make an embroidered picture a little bigger than 8 x10 size....20 days!! We had tea and coffee there (well, Jim did...I shopped) and tried something called mung bean cakes or green bean cakes. They tasted nothing like green beans....they were really yummy and I bought some to bring home for others to try.
Later, we arrived at the bay and took a three hour boat ride through the bay. We saw fish farms where people live in small houses and catch and grow fish right there. We also had lunch on the boat....definitely an experience. Jim and I are ready for some American food. We are adventurous eaters....we like to eat food from various countries, but I've had my fill of noodles and rice for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. :)
I'll be back to post more Norah pictures later...we have an appointment at the embassy today for a visa interview. Wish us luck!



2 comments:
Yes, more Norah pictures please! Love you and miss you! Love - KB
Hi guys! I hope the visa interview went well today. I can't believe that you will be home in a few days. We can't wait to see you at Lax.
Love you, Jen
Post a Comment